Welton Family Health Centre is pleased to be able to offer our patients access to routine pre-booked appointments at evenings and on a Saturday from 1st September 2018.
Extended hours appointments are for pre-bookable non-urgent appointments. Examples of these include chronic illness, asthma checks and medicines reviews.
The service is being delivered by a federation of GP practices in the area.
In our locality, appointments are available between 6.30pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays.
To arrange an appointment or for more information on when and where appointments are available, speak to the practice receptionist or member of the practice team or call the practice on 01673 862232.
The appointments in the evening (from 6:30 pm) will be pre-bookable slots and are not intended for urgent medical problems which will not wait until the following day – the out of hours service will remain in operation from Lincoln Hospital for such emergencies (as now) from 6:30 pm each evening).
Important things to remember
- These are pre bookable and not acute “on the day” matters
- Booked in advance through your own GP reception
- Could be with a health professional from any of the federation practices
- Not always at your own GP premises, may need to travel to another local practice
- Out of “core hours” are after 18.30 to 20.00 in the week. Saturdays and bank holidays may be morning appointments.
- These offer additional capacity across the federation practices
- If you would like more information ask at Reception.