Welton Family Health Centre is pleased to be able to offer our patients access to routine pre-booked appointments at evenings and weekends from 1st September 2018.
The new service is part of an extended access service which has been commissioned by NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group.
The appointments will also be available on bank holidays and across the Easter, Christmas and New Year periods.
Extended hours appointments are for pre-bookable non-urgent appointments. Examples of these include chronic illness, asthma checks and medicines reviews.
The service is being delivered by a federation of GP practices in the area. If a patient wishes to attend an extended hours appointment, they may need to travel to another local GP practice and may not necessarily see their own GP.
In our locality, appointments are available between 6.30pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday mornings. There are also a number of additional appointments being made available during core hours (8.00am to 6.30pm Monday – Friday)
To arrange an appointment or for more information on when and where appointments are available, speak to the practice receptionist or member of the practice team or call the practice on 01673 862232.
The appointments in the evening (from 6:30 pm) will be pre-bookable slots and are not intended for urgent medical problems which will not wait until the following day – the out of hours service will remain in operation from Lincoln Hospital for such emergencies (as now) from 6:30 pm each evening).
Important things to remember
- These are pre bookable and not acute “on the day” matters
- Booked in advance through your own GP reception
- Could be with a health professional from any of the federation practices
- Not always at your own GP premises, may need to travel to another local practice
- Out of “core hours” are after 18.30 to 20.00 in the week. Weekends and bank holidays may be morning appointments.
- These offer additional capacity across the federation practices
- If you would like more information ask at Reception.